Quick Facts About the It Is Written TV Program
- It Is Written is viewed in approximately every city in the United States and 700 cities in Canada. The program's reach extends to at least 143 countries.
- An average of 1.5 million people view the North American telecast each week.
- It Is Written airs in all of the top 10 Nielsen markets and consistently ranks as one of the top 10 religious programs in the United States.
- It Is Written is a ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Click here to learn more.
- The telecast regularly airs on TBN, the Discovery Channel, LLBN, the Hope Channel and 3ABN.
- It Is Written is produced in 11 languages: Arabic, Chinese Miao, English, French, Norwegian, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Indonesian and Ukrainian.
- It Is Written has an inventory of over 1,200 recorded programs, and produces a new season of shows every year.
- Led by Pastor Robert Costa It Is Written's Spanish ministry, Escrito Está, is in its 21th year and is now reaching 138 countries on more than 11,000 channels.
- Each month, an average of 900,000 people visit the website to watch the program and to obtain Bible studies.
- It Is Written has received 32 Angel Awards from the Excellence in Media organization for promoting high moral values to the public, with two Gold Angels presented to Pastor George Vandeman.
- Since 2002, the Telly Awards organization has awarded the ministry with 12 statuettes—including its top honor, the Silver Telly, in 2006.
- The Aurora Awards presented the ministry with a 2002 Aurora Award in recognition of the ministry's "New Beginnings" DVD series. In 2005 and 2006, two It Is Written telecasts were also recognized with Aurora Awards.
- It Is Written is a donor-supported ministry of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Click here to view the fundamental beliefs of the church, and visit this website to find the church near you.
- It Is Written was the first religious TV program to air in color.
- The program initially aired in March 1956 with founder Pastor George Vandeman as speaker.
- Speaker/Director history:
- 1991: Pastor Mark Finley.
- 2005:Pastor Shawn Boonstra.
- 2011: Pastor John Bradshaw (current speaker/director).
- Pastor Bradshaw and It Is Written's other international speakers reach millions of people in 143 countries every week.
- It Is Written was the first major ministry to use satellite uplink technology to spread its evangelism messages. During the ministry's 10-country, three-year "ACTS 2000" effort, more than 3 million people attended at least one downlink location.
- It Is Written became one of the first Christian television programs to broadcast free video podcasts via iTunes in 2006.
- In 2008, It Is Written launched My Place With Jesus, a free Bible study series just for kids!